At myStrength™, your privacy is our priority.
myStrength stresses its privacy and security standards to guard against identity theft and provide security for your personal information. We regularly re-evaluate our privacy and security policies and adapt them as necessary to deal with new challenges.
myStrength is certified through the TrustArc Web Privacy Seal Program. TrustArc is an independent organization whose mission is to build users’ trust and confidence in the Internet by promoting the use of fair information practices. In order to obtain certification, we disclosed our information privacy practices to TrustArc for its review to ensure compliance with TrustArc’s requirements. If you contact us with a privacy-related concern as directed in this Policy and do not receive acknowledgment of your inquiry or if your inquiry is not satisfactorily addressed, you should contact TrustArc at https://www.trustarc.com. TrustArc will then serve as a liaison with us to resolve your concerns.
- Your Privacy is not for sale.
- We collect and use only necessary personal information.
- You may change your Registration Information any time.
- The Service is not available for children under the age of 13.
- Online session information is used to improve your experience.
- Third parties offering other products or services will not be given your personal information without your permission.
- You are responsible for information you provide on Forums on myStrength.com.
- Your information may be disclosed to protect our rights or if required by law.
- Your data may be transferred upon a business transition but only subject to this Policy.
- You can transport or delete your data.
- You will receive occasional e-mail communications from us.
- We use industry standard data security practices.
- Our website is encrypted.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Login ID and Password.
- Contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
1. Your Privacy is not for sale.
myStrength does not and will not sell or rent your personal information to anyone, for any reason, at any time. We use and disclose your personal information only as follows:
- To analyze site usage and improve the Service;
- To communicate with you about your use of the Service;
- To fulfill your requests for certain services;
- For market research, project planning, troubleshooting problems, detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity;
- To inform third-party contractors that provide services to myStrength and are bound by these same privacy restrictions;
- To provide your payer or other sponsor with certain activity and outcome information about your use of the Service based on your membership ID, including, but not limited to: the number of times you logged into the Service, the length of time you spent on the Site, and the results of your wellness assessment(s); and
In the event that you access the Service as brought to you by one of our co-brand partners, through a co-branded URL, your e-mail address used for registration on the Service may be provided to that co-brand partner.
2. We collect and use only necessary personal information.
Certain areas and features of myStrength.com are available to you without registration or the need to provide any information. However, other features of the Site or the Service may require registration, which involves entering your e-mail address and password (the “Registration Information”). In order to benefit from the full functionality of the Service, you also must complete a Wellness Assessment and Personal Profile (“Results and Preferences”) to enable myStrength to tailor the Service for your use.
From time to time we may request other personal information to provide you with other benefits of the Service. In all such instances, you will be given the opportunity to provide or to decline to provide that information, and it will be used only for the stated purpose. myStrength may make anonymous or aggregate personal information and disclose such data only in a non-personally identifiable manner.
Such information does not identify you individually. Access to your Registration Information, Results and Preferences, and any other personal information you provide is strictly restricted and used in accordance with specific internal procedures and safeguards governing access, in order to operate, develop, or improve the Service. Individuals who are granted access have been selected in accordance with our security policies and practices and are bound by confidentiality obligations. They may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations. We may also use third-party vendors or service providers to help us deliver the Service; they may send e-mail messages on our behalf or host and operate a particular feature or functionality of the Service. Our contracts with these third parties outline the appropriate use and handling of your information and prohibit them from using any of your personal information for purposes unrelated to the product or service they’re providing. We require such third parties to maintain the confidentiality of the information we provide to them.
3. You may change your Registration Information any time.
If your Registration Information changes during your subscription to myStrength, you may update it any time via the Service.
4. The Service is not available for children under the age of 13.
myStrength is not available to individuals who are younger than 13 years old. We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13, we will take immediate steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Online session information is used to improve your experience.
When you visit myStrength.com, we may collect technical and navigational information, such as computer browser type, Internet protocol address, myStrength pages visited, and average time spent on our Site. This information may be used, for example, to alert you to software compatibility issues, or it may be analyzed to improve our Web design and functionality.
“Cookies” are alphanumeric identifiers in the form of text files that are inserted and stored by your Web browser on your computer’s hard drive. myStrength may set and access cookies on your computer to track and store preferential information about you. myStrength may gather information about you through cookie technology. For example, myStrength may assign a cookie to limit the number of times you see a particular myStrength Offer or to help better determine which myStrength Offers to serve to you. Please note that most Internet browsers will allow you to stop cookies from being stored on your computer and to delete cookies stored on your computer. If you choose to eliminate cookies, the full functionality of the Service may be impaired.
We encode our cookies so that only we can interpret the information stored in them.
Web beacons are images embedded in a Web page or e-mail message for the purpose of measuring and analyzing site usage and activity. myStrength, or third-party service providers acting on our behalf, may use Web beacons to help us analyze Site usage and improve the Service.
6. Third parties offering other products or services will not be given your personal information without your permission.
7. You are responsible for information you provide on Forums on myStrength.com.
If you use a community discussion, bulletin board, blog or chat room on our Site, you should be aware that any information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these forums. These forums may be hosted by myStrength or by a third-party service provider on myStrength’s behalf.
9. Your information may be disclosed to protect our rights or if required by law.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, myStrength reserves the right (and you authorize myStrength) to share or disclose your personal information when myStrength determines, in its sole discretion, that the disclosure of such information is necessary or appropriate:
- To prevent prohibited or illegal activities; or
- required by any applicable law, rule or regulation, subpoena, or other legal process.
10. Your data may be transferred upon a business transition but only subject to this Policy.
In the event that myStrength undergoes a business transition such as a merger or acquisition by another company, and as a result any personally identifiable information is transferred to another company, we will require the successor to comply with the terms of this Policy.
11. You can transport or delete your data.
Your data is yours. You can remove it any time you want. When you request that we delete your account for the Service, your data will be permanently expunged from our primary production servers, and further access to your account will not be possible. However, your data may remain on a backup server or media. myStrength keeps these backups to ensure our continued ability to provide the Service to you in the event of malfunction or damage to our primary production servers. We also reserve the right to use any aggregated or anonymous data derived from or incorporating your personal information.
12. You will receive occasional e-mail communications from us.
We allow users to subscribe to e-mail newsletters and from time to time may transmit e-mails promoting myStrength or third-party goods or services.
myStrength.com subscribers have the ability to opt-out of receiving our promotional e-mails and to terminate their newsletter subscriptions by following the instructions in the e-mails. Opting out in this manner will not end transmission of service-related e-mails, such as e-mail alerts.
13. We use industry standard data security practices.
We use a combination of firewall barriers, encryption techniques, and authentication procedures, among others, to maintain the security of your online session and to protect myStrength.com accounts and systems from unauthorized access.
When you register for the Service, myStrength requires a password from you for your privacy and security. Information such as your Registration Information for myStrength.com is transferred securely by myStrength.
Our servers are in a secure facility. Access requires multiple levels of authentication, including biometrics recognition procedures. Security personnel monitor the system 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
Our databases are protected from general employee access both physically and logically. We encrypt your Service password so that your password cannot be recovered, even by us. All backup drives and tapes also are encrypted.
We enforce physical access controls to our buildings.
No employee may put any sensitive content on any insecure machine (i.e., nothing can be taken from the database and put on an insecure laptop).
myStrength has been verified by Verisign for its use of SSL encryption technologies and audited by TRUSTe for its privacy practices. In addition, myStrength tests the Site daily for any failure points that would allow hacking.
However, it is important to understand that these precautions apply only to our Site and systems. We exercise no control over how your information is stored, maintained, or displayed by third parties or on third-party sites.
14. Our website is encrypted.
From the time you submit your Login ID and Password, the communications between your computer and myStrength.com are encrypted. This enables client and server applications to communicate in a way that is designed to prevent eavesdropping, tampering, and message forgery.
15. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Login ID and Password.
If you have a security related concern, please contact us at security@myStrength.com. We will work closely with you to ensure a rapid and personal response to your concerns.
17. Contact us if you have any questions or concerns.